In the today’s article I would like to discuss 2 issues. The current level of chess knowledge, and the definition of the so-called strongest move in a given position.
1. The today’s level of chess knowledge and skills oscillates somewhere around 60% of total chess knowledge. This means that the contemporary chess players do not know everything yet, and the game of chess is facing some serious evolution. How should we reach 100%? Goldchess will add 10%, 20% will come from Alpha Zero, and the last 10% will be developed by chess geniuses who will turn up within the coming decades. The geniuses can only be seen on the distant horizon, Alpha Zero has been taking its first steps, but Goldchess is ready to immediately deliver its 10% to contemporary chess players. Whoever will be the first one to master our knowledge and to gain 70% of total chess knowledge, will reach the top. This concerns players on all levels, as Goldchess is available to everyone, and any player, from any level, can learn our techniques and include them in their repertoire. Goldchess aims at creating beauty, which means that apart from improving his or her level, a chess player will also learn how to play beautifully, using beautiful combinations. Goldchess is a model, as it teaches not only how to play efficiently, but also, or maybe rather first of all, how to play beautifully.
2. The definition of the strongest move will change thanks to Goldchess. Let me give you an example. A chess player says: ‘I have a Goldchess problem here. I’m making the strongest moves, and still I’m unable to win faster than Goldchess. Something’s wrong’. Indeed, something is wrong. Our computer, developed by programmers from India more than 20 years ago, plays exactly according to the rules of chess. So, if the chess player makes the first and further so-called strongest moves and is unable to win in 30 moves, as specified in the Goldchess solution, but wins only in, for example, 34 moves, a logical question arises: are his moves actually the strongest ones? Of course, they are according to the current definitions and standards based on… 60% of complete chess knowledge. So, can they be entirely reliable? The games - solutions from Goldchess prove that they cannot. The definition of the strongest move will be transformed. Goldchess is taking the first step in that direction. We have been introducing different techniques and new ways of playing, as well as improved, modernized variations of chess openings, a great number of opening move novelties. We have thousands of games, including ca. 500 of our own, so-called immortal, beautiful games. The enthusiasts playing with us will create further thousands of games. We can hazard a guess that Goldchess will leave as a legacy more beautiful games than all the world champions taken together. This is already something, an impressive output, particularly in the light of the fact that all our problems, the most difficult of which can bring the best chess players in the world to their knees, have been developed by one man - an amateur playing actually on the 2nd category level. Our chess problems teach how to win, but also how to be humble. Humble in the face of the 40% of knowledge we do not have gained yet. We offer you 10% of it, ready for use. Master it and become better. Join the world of Goldchess.
Goldchess teaches how to play chess beautifully and effectively
Goldchess means modern chess unknown to Houdini, Stockfish or Fritz. Therefore, these computers do not solve our problems and will not help you. But this is a huge chess positive. At Goldchess, you'll learn to think independently.
Solving Goldchess problems is an amazing entertainment. You can create your own beautiful game that will make a history as a chess diamond. See the Genius Test solutions from May, those provided by Hayk Yeritsyan and ours. Let such solutions become your goal and dream. Dream that will come true at Goldchess.
Summing up, Goldchess is an excellent tester of player’s level and skills, and at the same time an indispensable source of chess knowledge components. If you don’t know our techniques, you will never be a good chess player. I’ll say more.
In a couple of years, those who know Goldchess will be better than others... You want to be better? Get to know Goldchess.
1. Goldchess is a game from a provided position, with our CEEC educational computer playing at the level 1500-1800 Elo. We play in order to win or to mate according to the Organiser’s indications. Goldchess is an exceptional opportunity to play a tournament at home. Just download CEEC and play!
2. Goldchess are free of charge games with prizes $50-$100, Live Puzzle GC, GT and Pop, chess tournaments with great prizes, for example Non Tournament, $10 000, and the world’s hit of the 21st c., Millionaire Tournament with the prize pool of $500 000. Of course, such a prize pool is only in the case, when there is a minimum number of participants in the Millionaire tournament, determined by us. In the first edition, it was 15,000.
3. Goldchess is a splendid teaching aid. 90% of impressive combinations can appear-exist in the real tournament game. Of course, at the level of average students, but in many cases also at grandmaster levels. That is why it is of great didactic importance because it teaches and teaches that which is not found in chess textbooks. Goldchess solutions and variants are also missing in a collection of over 8 million games - chessbase.
4. Goldchess teaches how to win and it prepares future champions. It also teaches how to apply psychology in a game with your opponent, owing to Goldchess you will reach the high level of combination game and you will improve your expertise visibly. In a few years’ time, with no knowledge of Goldchess it will be impossible to become a good chess player. Chess players knowing Goldchess will be among the best. And the best of them, unbeatable.
5. Back to the nature. The most powerful chess computers do not solve our chess problems. We make a chess player believe in itself. A chess player may win, this is something the engine will not do, playing today at level 3500 ELO. At the same time, it is a return to the nature, while not being able to make use of a programme, a chess player must think independently.
6. Goldchess is an egalitarian game system where everyone has equal chances. An amateur may play next to the grandmaster with no fear of winning and taking a prize away because of him. In Goldchess it is not the playing strength of chess player that is important. It is more important to find a way to win with CEEC.
7. Goldchess is zero stress. When you are looking for a solution of the task, you can undo and change moves many times.
Goldchess is an innovative solution, similar to Alpha 0, but at amateur levels. Goldchess needs to be learnt, you have to specialise in it, as with Blitz, simultaneous games or a blind game. You need training in games and tournaments at Goldchess portal, and making familiar with the winners’ rounds.
But the most important method, which is a the key to winning is learning about and exploiting CEEC's weaknesses, "consuming" - pawns grabbing and capturing pieces.
When we master it, winning in Goldchess will be a child’s play.
And the last piece of thought: Goldchess will make the chess extremely popular. It will provide the chess with mass media or even multimedia coverage and it will accelerate their development by a hundred years.
We’re a creative web community. There are thousands of games in our database that were played against our educational computer. The goal, that players have to achieve, is to win those games from a given starting position, just like we did, or with one’s own variant. Our variants are something completely unknown to the modern chess, they’re innovative and, additionally, we demonstrate new ways of playing debuts in them. So, Goldchess not only teaches but also entertains – it’s a great, stress-free intellectual entertainment. However, in order to win our games, you have to get to know them and study the Goldchess style. A regular training is a must in this case and solving chess problems in diagrams and playing tournaments are also vital for the success. Everyone has the opportunity to train in our community as playing for free is also an option. The only thing that you need is a working computer and access to the Internet.
In order to play in the tournaments and win prizes that consist of real money, you have to pay for the registration fee.
To sum up, Goldchess is not a game for the elite. It is a game for a wide audience, for millions of chess players as almost everybody has access to a computer and the Internet, while the registration fees for the tournaments, which cost about $ 9-10, are not that expensive. If you’re not able to pay, you may just play for free. Goldchess is open and welcoming to everybody.
Feel free to join us!
In order to play our tournaments and win attractive prizes, you have to pay the registration fee, but you can also play for free.We give talented chess players from less wealthy countries a chance to play our game and win prizes.
You have the opportunity to win prizes in dollars or tournament registration feeswhile playing the diagrams. You can also play for free in any of our tournaments (information in – step 1) and win a registration fee to the next tournament where you will be able to play for real, cash prizes.In order to win an entry fee, you have to be the first or the second.And it's worth playing, even if only for the sake of learning something new, checking your abilities or raisingyour level.
Feel free to join us!
In order to succeed in the Millionaire Tournament to be held in December with a prize pool of $400,000 and to win one of the main prizes, you need to get prepared to beat our educational computer. For that reason we recommend that everyone, without exception, train by playing free games - diagrams and Non Stop Mix-free. The final exam for each player will be the Claudio Boschetti Challenge on December 1st, 2 weeks before the Millionaire Tournament. The problems in the Tournament are based on positions from the Claudio Boschetti - Aeschbach game. The most beautiful, and at the same time the most difficult problem No. 3, with a modest prize of $1,000, is the key to success in the Millionaire Tournament.The players who solve the problem will have a great chance to win the Tournament. We will let you in on the secret. All the 5 games - problems in the Millionaire Tournament are based on positions from games played by our Goldchess Ambassador, Grandmaster Timur Gareyev, and are not more difficult than the Boschetti 3 problem.
Let us now remind you of 2 important rules of the Millionaire Tournament.
1. The total prize pool of $500,000 is guaranteed already when only 20,000 participants sign up for the Tournament.
2. A beautiful A-Class Mercedes Benz will be drawn even before the Tournament, amongst the first 10,000 participants who pay the entry fee.So, it is a good idea to pay the entry fee already today in order to be included in the group of players who will have the opportunity to win the car.
We hope numerous players will become interested in participation.www.goldchess.com
The odds of winning at Goldchess
1. Amateurs and players with ratings of up to 1500 – they are the black horses of every tournament. Here the odds are 50/50
2. Ratings 1500-1800, about 60% of population have the chance to win
3. 1800-2200. The group with the greatest chances. Particularly amongst young, intelligent, imaginative players. 80%.
4. 2200-2500. International Masters’ group. Almost excellent and unpredictable players. With greater chances than Grandmasters.
5. 2500-2600. If routine has not become a standard in your case, you will win.
6. 2600-2700. Would you like to match those with ratings of 2800? You will. Just learn and master the chess techniques of Goldchess.
7. 2700-2800. The members of this group already know everything. Or almost everything. Except for how to win at Goldchess.J
8. 2800 and above. With all due respect for the titans of chess - do you really think you are great? Check it out here. Come and play. Goldchess is a test of truth.
Funny as it may seem, but Goldchess is a game for the elites. You need to own a laptop, or at least have a desktop computer today with an Internet connection available at home. Whoever does not, is an outsider. In Europe and in the USA that is not a problem. But there are countries falling behind our “great world”, such as Indonesia, Pakistan, or even India, where only one in ten or even one in one hundred chess players owns a computer. A laptop is owned by one in a thousand players. And even though the Goldchess tournaments with high prizes are very attractive to the players from those countries, they will not take part in them until the situation improves. And India together with the adjacent countries are populated by ca. 1.5 billion people with an estimated minimum of 100 million chess players amongst them. An army of people that need assistance. And that’s what we are planning to do. If we reach a price agreement with the manufacturer, no later than in the next year we will place on the market the least expensive laptop in the world - a Goldchess laptop only for chess players, with our CEEC application preinstalled, for an amazing price, ready for participation in the Goldchess games and tournaments. The computer will be sold and distributed mainly by chess federations and clubs. We currently need an investor, but if one million players eventually take part in the Millionaire tournament, we will do that for our own money plus your contributions in form of revenues from the paid entry fees. Therefore, we invite all the chess players, particularly from the developed countries belonging to the 1st GDP segment, to take part in the Millionaire tournament in October, and in other tournaments held by us. By playing in the Goldchess tournaments you help us to make our chess dreams come true, and you support the development of chess all over the world.
Feel invited to join us!
In a traditional tournament for 100 participants there are always 2-3 best players and they usually win. This doesn’t happen in Goldchess. There can be not 100, but a 1000 or more participants, including the whole world top at the forefront, and there is no option that they have to win, because everyone can, even the last one on the list - an unranked amateur.
Grandmaster A. Colovic wrote in the article "Level of precision", (February 22, 2018), http://www.alexcolovic.com/2018/02/level-of-precision/ that the level of chess has decreased and is worse than 20 years ago in the Kasparov era. This idea was expressed by none other, but former world champion Vladimir Kramnik.
The article argues that the reason for this is mainly chess engines, since when chess players are using them they limit their own thinking.
In addition to this, using engines the players are playing openings at 3500 level, and psychologically, the engine became a God for the chess player.
Goldchess expunges "gods" with a resolute change in the aim of the game.
In Goldchess the engines do not have much to say, they do not exist. Goldchess is a return to nature, a crystal clear formula in which a chess player can only count on his brain. The main idea of Goldchess is to win as soon as possible from the given position. We have examples and evidence, for example, that in a particular position Fritz has selected 6 moves, he has not seen more, and among these moves there was no one leading to the fastest win in the game. There were also tests with Stockfish and Houdini and they both failed. The most interesting is that they formally played against a much weaker program, however, playing correctly, according to chess canons, they did not win. It's also because in Goldchess you have to win according to the Organizer's instructions, that is, the game-tasks are conditioned. For example, the mate with the pawn, or with the sacrifice of the queen and with such instructions the engines are doomed to fail.
The question arises, what level of strength is needed to solve Goldchess tasks? The answer appears alone. All tasks are easily done by the unrated amateur, playing at the level of cat. II, meaning Goldchess is within the reach of every chess player and for everyone.
With us, we restate for chess player the faith in ourselves.
He can win, or do what the engine cannot do.
In Goldchess, ingenuity counts and the use of psychology against an opponent. With us you improve your skills in using psychology in the game and you will raise your level by activating your own thinking.
Goldchess, return to nature
Winners are always great, and the winners of the Millionaire Tournament will deservedly be particularly great.
That is because we have prepared for them 5 brilliant and difficult problems to be solved, starting from positions taken from games played by Kasparov himself. By doing so, we wanted to honor that outstanding chess player. Goldchess dissociates itself from Kasparov’s involvement in politics. We are interested only in chess, and he is an absolutely fabulous chess player.
Additional note: amongst those five games by Kasparov there is a single surprise. That is the Wahls – Kasparov game, originally lost by the white, of course. We are offering it because at Goldchess we want to distinguish also that great German player for his creation of a chess masterpiece during the game he played in 1985 against Bjarnason. At Goldchess we will make that defeat more palatable to Wahls. Here he wins, and in a great style. Sorry, Garry, you need to lose one game for the sake of decency.
After a victorious battle, Julius Caesar uttered the famous words: veni, vidi, vici meaning “ I came, I saw, I won”.
We have come up with an equally apt paraphrase for the winners of the Millionaire Tournament: I logged, I played, I won.
So, - Log, play and win-. And feel the taste of greatness, just as Julius Caesar did. Join us!
Ladies and Gentlemen. As far as chess is concerned, not much has been going on for the last 23 centuries. Players have just been playing and playing. Everything has become predictable. If, for example, a grandmaster with an ELO ranking of 2700 decides to participate in a tournament together with contenders with ratings not higher than 2500, the grandmaster is absolutely bound to win. When I claim that nothing has changed in chess, I exaggerate, of course. Both the theory of playing chess and the strength of players have been developed. Some “teaching aids” in the form of strong chess engines have been created and today a player who wants to analyze a game or a position, or to find a variation, burdens Houdini, Fritz or Stockfish with the task and goes for a coffee. And when the player comes back, the analysis or the variation is ready. Yes… All that had been true before Goldchess was invented. Currently that is no longer possible, at least in Goldchess.
None of the best chess engines is able to find a solution to our task, to present a Goldchess variation. They can actually crush our much weaker chess software, or win faster than we can, but they are unable to find a specific Goldchess variation with prerequisites, such as for example sacrificing the queen.
And the situation in the second case is quite similar. There is no guarantee, or even 1% certainty that a grandmaster with an ELO rating of 2700 who decides to join a Goldchess tournament will win against contenders with ELO ratings not exceeding 1500.What is more, the grandmaster may even fail to solve the Goldchess problem. It comes down to what I have already said and written many times. Every player joining Goldchess has to leave his or her titles and rankings in the locker room. In the tournament, he or she will have exactly the same chances as all the other contenders. Let me cite here our flagship example: a Goldchess tournament in India with participation of several IMs and players belonging to higher categories was won by 12-year-old Krish Butala with a ranking of 1363! :) (http://www.goldchess.com/en/other/report/24.html ).
This means everyone can play Goldchess, as everyone can win.
So, something has changed in chess. Something new has emerged.
Imagine… Somewhere, in a secret part of one of the Galaxies, there is a Library with all the knowledge of the Universe gathered by civilizations that have been building and managing it. And since the Library exists, I have the feeling that we are merely copyists. We are struggling to discover what has already been discovered a long time ago. For example, mathematics, physics, astronomy, medicine and all other fields of knowledge are complete in the Library. And we, here on Earth, have only a fraction of that absolute knowledge at our disposal. We are at the beginning of the road. We are novices. But that is not entirely true. I have been granted access to the knowledge of chess contained in the Library. And you know what I have found out?
Goldchess is not there!
This means we have created something new. Something that does not exist anywhere else on our globe or in the whole Universe. :)
And you, here on Earth, may be the first to touch that miracle and play.
Hello everyone, I am GM Aleksander Mista (Poland, ELO 2625 - highest rating, September 2014), Team World Champion in solving competition and Hastings 2016 champion. I have become patron of www.goldchess.com portal and I want to present you this beautiful newcomer to the chess world. Interestingly, it was created by amateur with no high rating or title. The same amateur is the creator of problems being solved by thousands of players from around the world in Rosija – America tournament. Here are my top 3 reasons which made me become patron of Goldchess portal. Reasons in which I didn’t believe at first, until I tried it myself.goldchess
1. The actual game at Goldchess is for all, readily available for a wide circle of chess players. Grandmasters and professionals don’t have better chances than amateur, even though you play against a computer, not so strong – with ELO around 1800. Why everyone has equal chances? Because there is no guarantee that a Grandmaster will come in and solve the problem faster than anyone else. It is also not guaranteed that he will solve a problem at all. I experienced it myself, and moreover it is shown by our experiments with Goldchess games in chess tournaments, for example the Rewal Chess Festival.
2. Other chess computers like Fritz, Stockfish or Houndini can’t solve our chess problems. Therefore, as author has written on the portal, there is only you – the player and CEEC.
3. I was fascinated by the fresh new idea, something unknown in chess. It is appreciating the quality and beauty of chess and combining it with all year long contest for the most beautiful game of the world, with main prize $10 000 on Goldchess portal.
I predict that fast growing Goldchess portal (which is already known on 12 chess portals in the world including Russian and American Chess Federations who are brotherly to Rosija – America tournament) will do wonders for chess promotion and will increase the interest in chess all over the world. That is why I am part of it, because I want to spread chess and it’s beauty. Believe me, Goldchess is more than that – it is also fun and combined with big prizes in the tournament. That is why our slogan is – Fun and Cash with Goldchess. You can check it out yourself. I invite you to Goldchess portal. Everybody will find something for himself there. Visit Goldchess.com and enjoy today!
Goldchess builds and develops the intellect, the mental potential of the chess players and non-chess players alike. This is very important. Goldchess has the style, even though he is only a follower and continuator of Tal, yet fully original at the same time. And this conviction has been slowly instilling in the minds of the visiting chess players. Yesterday the Grandmaster (2600+) sent me a game from the national championship, accompanied with a note: "I send it for your review because it is very Goldchess style". Awesome. Goldchess is slowly becoming a well-known brand. We invite you to search inAnalysis - We Learn Goldchess and have a look at our games there. Once you get acquainted, you will understand what Goldchess is and how beautiful this world is. Almost like chess - the Game of Kings :)
Why prizes for solutions other than the author’s original ones are lower? (Such solutions can be rewarded with up to a half of the prize or the players can receive no prize at all). The reason is quite simple. We don’t know and we can’t be sure if they have been worked out by the player on his or her own, or with the use of another piece of chess software. And we do not reward “solutions” provided with the use of chess software. As regards the author’s original solutions, stronger chess programs generally don’t provide them, so they are recognized without any reservations. Nevertheless, a prize can always be divided between the author’s original solution and a better or an outstanding solution different than the author’s original one.
Google has marginalized and derailed our (www.goldchess.com portal’s) AdWords campaign, led by Home.pl, by classifying Goldchess Rosija-America Tournament as gambling, or an activity linked to gambling.
We objected and Google in turn provided their explanations. We are presenting their statement and our response. Enjoy the reading, it’s worth it.
Google to Home.pl
The advertisement of www.goldchess.com has been correctly marked as Confirmed (limited) because of its content connected to gambling. I attach an excerpt from our AdWords Advertising Policies, which clearly shows that online chess tournaments are classified as restricted content:
Non-casino-based games played for money or prizes
Any internet-based game where money or other items of value are paid or wagered in exchange for the opportunity to win real money or prizes based on the outcome of the game
Examples: Fantasy sports, online chess tournaments, or "match-three" video games played for money or prizes
In AdWords it is not only gambling that is subject to restrictions, but also any contents connected to it, including online chess tournaments where players pay money to have a possibility to win prizes. Therefore the statement that GoldChess is not gambling does not apply here, as the scope of restrictions on advertising in AdWords is much broader.
Response from Goldchess
First of all, at Google Poland there are unprofessional and irresponsible people, who have gone too far and now will defend their reasons to the bitter end. A simple question: is Google policy or their rules above Polish law? If not, then, taking into consideration our dispute, Google has no right to exist in Poland if they undermine Polish law and access to Google should be banned in Poland. I say this based on the example of us having the decision issued by the Polish Ministry of Finance, stating that our game is not gambling-related.
In response to the letter:
1. I quote: „Non-casino-based games played for money or prizes”.
Considering this statement made by Google I ask: in what casino in the world apart from roulette and other casino-based games can you play “gambling chess?” Because as I understand we have been classified as a game that came out of casinos, or got out of their control, is played illegally “outside” of casinos, and has its own gambling activity. Insanely funny.
2.Quoting Google /Ms. Basia Leś/ further: „In AdWords it is not only gambling that is subject to restrictions, but also any contents connected to it, including online chess tournaments where players pay money to have a possibility to win prizes.”
My response: Beginning January 2016 we opened our Rosija-America Chess Tournament for the whole world; we are the first and the only ones on the whole Internet. There is no other game-tournament like ours. In this case there is no scale, no possibility of comparison, drawing conclusions or making claims of this kind. There is also no way to base your opinion on former chess tournaments simply because… there were none.
3. Moreover, all the chess tournaments in the world are based on same rules: in order to take part in any tournament, the player has to pay the tournament fee, just as in our tournament. Yet, nobody states that those are gambling-related chess tournaments because they would be ridiculed.
This was the first sound argument.
The second one: when you talk about something you need to know what it means. To make you understand better the difference between gambling and not-gambling-related games I will explain the characteristics of gambling. First of all, gambling is a game of chance which allows you to increase your bet and consequently by doing this overnight or in five minutes you may lose your house, car, wife or mother-in-law. :)
There is no way of losing the above mentioned in the Goldchess Rosija-America Tournament. Chess players pay a tournament fee of $30 and play 16 rounds in the Goldchess Rosija-America Tournament for $50,000 of prizes. Moreover, there is no way to raise the bet. And lastly, the victory is achieved by mind effort, logic and one’s familiarity with chess, which are intellectual qualities. There is no randomness.
As there are no common features, there is no gambling.
If logic is not enough…
4. This seemingly refutes Google’s arguments.
Google may be a giant, a concern. However, if it remains ossified and unchangeable in its beliefs and won’t adjust to the needs of the market, it will be just a matter of time until it falls out of it and… shares the fate of dinosaurs. They were big, too, and it was the main reason of their extinction.
LK- Goldchess World to Google Polska.
After a preliminary investigation of the grounds and laws based on which Google has classified our online chess tournament as a gambling game, and of the country where such laws apply, the answer is: there are no such grounds or laws, since according to the explanation provided by Google, they create their own laws/rules not connected to any law.
Anyway, this would be the end of deliberations about the gambling nature of chess.
We call all chess players and sympathizers, who support us and don’t agree with lawless and discriminating rules of Google, to boycott Google AdWords campaigns worldwide. There are more than 400 million of us. Let us show Google our power.
On the one hand, Goldchess has a lot in common with the discipline of solving chess problems in that the competitors look for precisely defined solutions. It is, however, a truly modern form of solving, as it involves playing against a computer engine, the CEEC (Chess Elite Educational Computer).
On the other hand, Goldchess is a mirror image of a practical game of chess: you need to beat an actual opponent. Even though the CEEC is not very strong, its strength roughly corresponds to that of an 1800 FIDE-rated player, it does pose difficulties to competitors pursuing the solution. Not only does the player need to uncover the engine's weaknesses through persistent interaction, but he/ she also needs to find the solution faster than other competitors to secure the prize.
Solving Goldchess problems is creative in that the competitors need to meticulously search through a large number of new positions (unlimited takebacks allowed), evaluate them and estimate the chances that the problems' instructions are satisfied. Precise border conditions allow the competitors to show their adaptation skills and promote those who operate the fastest.
Finding solutions different from those intended by the author is fair game as long as all the conditions are satisfied. Experience shows that this situation is not uncommon. For example, at this year's Goldchess Polish Championship, none of the three medalists found the author's solution and yet managed to satisfy all of the problem's requirements as specified by the author. In the 8th round of the Rosija-America tournament at www.goldchess.com, two players succeeded in finding the author's solution (one of the conditions in this particular case was that the exact solution be found).
One may develop an edge in solving Goldchess problems in multiple ways. Being a very strong chessplayer is definitely helpful, but it does not guarantee a win. There have been multiple cases already where an amateur competitor managed to beat strong opposition of professional chess players.
A notable advantage of Goldchess problems over solving regular chess problems is that the former do not lend themselves to being cracked by the strongest engines. Tests with Rybka, Houdini and Fritz have all shown that one cannot simply load the position and let a top engine deliver the required solution. The engines do not satisfy border conditions of, for instance, a checkmate on move 30. This, in turn, confirms that having a high chess rating is not necessarily advantageous.
Goldchess is a new type of quality chess problem solving. It is a “new way of chess.”
Feel free to visit our website www.goldchess.com. We have a Contest for the most beautiful chess game (everybody is welcome to submit their games), a Genius Test with prizes of $100, a free game Gold0 with a weekly prize of $50, as well as the revolutionary America-Rosija Tournament with a $50.000 prize pool!
The 1st edition of the America-Rosija Tournament is a replay of the Anand-Gelfand World Championship Match. The problems' positions are taken from the actual games of the match. The 2nd edition will have positions taken from the first match Anand-Carlsen! The entry fee to take part in the tournament is $30. Anybody can join the tournament at any time and compete for the prizes.
New way of chess.